Hi friends! If you're loving the Burgundy trend this Fall, be sure to check out my last post with the best of burgundy style right now. I can't tell you how much I LOVE the color and it truly looks amazing on everyone.
Today's simple homemade pear sauce recipe came out of the need to process a HUGE batch of pears my husband brought home from a recent deer hunting trip to Tonasket, Eastern Washington. It is the season of apples and pears here in Washington and we LOVE to make dehydrated apples, sauces, etc. for the upcoming months! I'll share more on Instagram. :-)
This recipe is truly foolproof! The only part that admittedly takes awhile is peeling the pears, so do yourself a favor and have a high quality peeler and corer. I'm thinking it's about time I invested a nominal amount into an electric vegetable and fruit peeler and get our kiddos set up at stations to speed up the process!
Here's what you'll need:
- Vegetable Peeler
- Apple Corer
- Small knife to dice the pears smaller if you'd like
- Large Pot for cooking the pears
- Large Spoon for mixing
- Immersion Blender
- Fresh Lemon
- Cinnamon (optional: to taste)
- And Pears of course!
Directions to make Pear Sauce:
- Peel your pears. (about 40-60 depending on the size)
- Core your pears with an apple corer.
- Dice into smaller pieces, about 1 inch. (optional)
- Place the diced pears, half of a fresh juiced lemon, and about a cup of water into a large pot. I used our 8 quart pot.
- Bring the pear to a boil, stir and then simmer for about 30-40 minutes with the lid on.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the pears. We us this one!
- Add the other half of fresh lemon juice.
- Add cinnamon to taste (1tsp.-1 tbsp. or so)
- Simmer with the lid off until your pear sauce is reduced to your desired thickness.
- Enjoy! The more ripe the pears are, the sweeter the flavor!
I'd love to know if you give this recipe a try! As always, thanks for much for pinning and sharing!
From the beach,
Follow along on Instagram (lifestyle)
Follow along on Instagram (interiors)
****This blog post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission when you click on a link and purchase an item. This is at no additional cost to you and helps support this blog and it's content.