Hey friends! I recently was introduced to this Banana Walnut Recipe and it honestly caused a bit of a sentimental response. You see.....it's been a few years of trial and error with personal health issues and I USED to make banana bread all the time as a Fall tradition.
Once I went gluten free(ish), I kind of just gave up on the idea of baking all together. So now I am baking this banana walnut bread like CRAZY because I am so happy to be baking it again as Fall has just arrived!
To be upfront, this is not a recipe I came up with on my own, but was introduced to by being a part of the Body Pursuit community. That's another blog post to go into, but it has been the life changing for my health. In a nutshell, it's a monthly membership community with a personal coach (like one you can FaceTime and text for questions support), weekly home and gym workouts provided, meal plans provided (from very simple to detailed), an extremely supportive Facebook group and more. The accountability is going to be crucial more me as we head into the holiday season and I'd love to cheer you on from the inside too!
Ok so this banana walnut bread recipe has already been inhaled by my three children about 3 times in a week, not that I recommend that, but I'm just saying.............if they like it that much, that says something! I'm excited to bake up multiples of these loaves for friends and family this holiday season too. :-)
I did a Facebook LIVE to show how simple the process is and you can see that below. I'd say you're looking at 10-15 minutes tops to get ingredients out, whip up the batter, put it in the oven and do a quick cleanup. Not bad!
Gluten and Dairy Free Banana Walnut Bread Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 4 ripe bananas (with some brown spots)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon ground saigon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons of 100% maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of raw chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- Lightly spray or oil a 5" x 8" loaf pan.
- Add the eggs to the blender and pulse once for a second.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the blender and blend until thoroughly mixed.
- If adding walnuts, gently fold chopped walnuts into the batter (I use a bowl to do this).
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake on the center rack of your oven for 45 minutes.
- Turn the oven heat off and let the bread sit inside the oven for and additional 5-10 minutes, until a toothpicks comes out clean from the center of the bread.
- Take the bread out and let it cool for about 30 minutes before taking it out of the pan and cutting slices.
I am SO incredibly thankful I came across this recipe by being a part of the Body Pursuit community! I hope you'll join us for the month of October and beyond!
P.S. There are 2 days left of the ShopBop sale, up to 25% off some of my fave brands like Free People, AG Jeans, Tory Burch, and BB Dakota. I also have my eye on these stylish QUAY sunglasses! SO cute! Have fun shopping ladies - it's a great time to snag fall items as the weather cools down!
***The above blog post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission when you click on a link and purchase an item. This is at no additional cost to you and helps support this blog and it's content.